Established in 1957, privately held MAX Environmental Technologies, Inc. traces its beginnings as Mill Service to our Bulger, PA facility operations. From “day one,” our company has lead the way in the safe handling of hazardous and non-hazardous industrial waste. In 1963, the company expanded operations and opened a second facility in Yukon, PA.
Since our inception, we have treated more than 50 million tons of hazardous waste and 1 billion gallons of liquid waste. In 1995, L. William Spencer purchased the company and created MAX Environmental Technologies, Inc., reflecting the increasing diversification of the company’s operations. With the development of our Solid Waste Stabilization and Solidification system, MAX shifted away from being primarily a waste acid treatment and disposal company to a solid hazardous and residual waste management and environmental service company. In 1996, MAX developed a PADEP-approved program to bring its legacy landfills to permanent closure. In 2006, the PADEP approved MAX’s petition to delist K061 Electric Arc Furnace Dust following treatment at MAX’s Yukon Facility.
The company continues to upgrade and expand its operating facilities through various capital improvement projects, including the 2009 operation of our state-of-the-art containment and processing building where we manage solid and liquid waste. As the regional waste management market has changed, MAX has re-tooled Yukon to accommodate the needs of industry and government clean-up. Today, MAX is leading the way to serve the oil and gas shale industry environmental management needs and continues to provide cost-effective solutions for brownfield redevelopment and hazardous site cleanups.